How to measure your blood pressure at home - Follow these steps for an accurate blood pressure reading
• Avoid caffeine, cigarettes and other stimulants 30 minutes before vou measure your blood pressure.
• Wait at least 30 minutes after a meal.
• If you're on blood pressure measure your BP before you take your medication.
• Empty your bladder beforehand.
• Find a quiet space where you can sit comfortably without distraction.
• Put cuff on bare arm, above at mid-arm
• Position arm so cuff is at heart level
• Keep arm supported, palm up with muscles relaxed
• Sit with legs uncrossed
• Keep your back supported
• Keep feet flat on the floor
• Rest for five minutes while in position before starting.
• Take two or three measurements, one minute apart.
• Keep your relaxed and in position during measurements.
• Sit quietly with no distractions during measurements—avoid conversations, TV, phones and other devices.
• Record your measurements when finished.
#BloodPressure #Measurement #hypertension #Instructions #home #ambulatory #diagnosis #primarycare