Suction Types - Common Surgical Instruments
Suction tips, combined with a suction source, help to remove debris and fluid from the surgical field. It can also be used to clear surgical smoke.
• Yankauer Suction Tube: Used primarily for surface suction and some intra-abdominal suction.
• Poole Suction Tube: Used to remove large amounts of fluid from the surgical field, as well as intra-abdominal suction.
• Frazier Suction Tip: Used primarily in ENT and neurosurgery. Usually angled.
• Malleable Retractor: Can be bent and customized. Also used to protect intestines during abdominal closure.
• Rake Retractor: Hand-held retractor with sharp teeth used to hold back surface structures
- Dr. Michael Visenio @BigMike_MD
#suction #surgery #instruments #types #comparison