Stapler Types - Common Surgical Instruments
Used for reanastomosis of viscera, vessel ligation, and excision of specimens. Can be one-time use, reloadable, manual, or electronically powered. Staples come in multiple sizes.
• Linear Stapler: Creates a linear staple line; no cutting function. Used in ligation and anastomosis. May be curved.
• Linear Cutter: Creates a linear cut and immediately staples both free edges. Used in separation and anastomosis.
• Circular Cutter: Performs circular cut and staple. Used in reanastomosis of hollow viscera, e.g., large bowel.
• Clips: Used in the ligation of vessels, may be metal or absorbable material. Open and lap applicators.
- Dr. Michael Visenio @BigMike_MD
#Staplers #surgery #instruments #types #comparison