Cardiac Stress Testing
• Everyone who can exercise should!
• They must be able to raise their heartrate to 85% of predicted value.
• Vasodilators (Ex. Adenosine, Dipyridamole, Regadenoson)
- ↑ cAMP production to cause vascular smooth muscle relaxation & coronary vasodilation
- Bradycardia & hypotension. Avoid in pts w/ 2° or 3° heartblock w/o pacemaker.
- Bronchoconstriction. Avoid in pts with severe COPD and asthma
• Inotropes (Ex. Dobutamine)
- Beta 1 and 2 agonist
- Contraindications: Pts with ventricular arrythmias
Diagnostics: EKG ($), ECHO ($$), Nuclear SPECT ($$$), PET CT/MRI ($$$$)
CORE IM Podcast @COREIMpodcast
#Cardiac #Stress #Testing #cardiology #management #diagnosis