Epley Maneuver for BPPV
- Epley begins after the last step of the Dix Hallpike
- Patient remains in the position with exacerbated nystagmus for approximately 1–2 minutes.
- Patient's head is then turned 90 degrees to the opposite direction so that the unaffected ear faces the ground
- Maintain the 20 degree neck extension
- Keep the head and neck in a fixed position while the patient rolls onto their opposite shoulder. The patient is now looking downwards at a 45 degree angle.
- Keep the patient in the new position for 1 minute.
- Finally bring the patient up to sitting while holding the head in 45 degree rotation.
- May require multiple attempts, but you can discharge patient home with daily exercises
#Management #BPPV #Epley #Maneuver #Repositioning #Canalith #Vertigo