Anticholinergic Cognitive Burden Scale (ACB Scale)
• Possible anticholinergics include those listed with ascore of 1; Definite anticholinergics include those listed with a score of 2 or 3
• Add the score contributed to each selected medication in each scoring category
• Add the number of possible or definite Anticholinergic medications
• Each definite anticholinergic may increase the risk of cognitive impairment by 46% over 6 years.
• For each on point increase in the ACB total score, a decline in MMSE score of 0.33 points over 2 years has been suggested.
• Additionally, each one point increase in the ACB total score has been correlated with a 26% increase in the
risk of death.
#ACB #Scale #Anticholinergic #Cognitive #Burden #Geriatrics #Deprescribing #Medications #List #Pharmacology #Scoring