The BLUE-protocol decision tree - performed on dyspneic patients who will be admitted to the ICU
The BLUE-protocol combines signs, associates them with a location, resulting in seven profiles:
- The A-profile associates anterior lung-sliding with A-lines.
- The A’-profile is an A-profile with abolished lung-sliding.
- The B-profile associates anterior lung-sliding with lung-rockets.
- The B’-profile is a B-profile with abolished lung-sliding.
- The C-profile indicates anterior lung consolidation, regardless of size and number. A thickened, irregular pleural line is an equivalent.
- The A/B profile is a half A-profile at one lung, a half B-profile at another.
Hi-Res .mp4 version here: https://www.grepmed.com/images/11924/dyspnea-criticalcare-pulmonary-algorithm-pocus