ACOG - Outpatient Assessment and Management for Pregnant Women With
Suspected or Confirmed Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
• Refer patient for symptomatic care at home including hydration and rest
• Monitor for development of any symptoms above and re-start algorithm if new symptoms present
• Routine obstetric precautions
• Recommend she immediately seek care in an emergency department or equivalent unit that treats pregnant women. -
• When possible, send patient to a setting where she can be isolated.
• Notifying the facility that you are referring a PUI is recommended to minimize the chance of spreading infection to other patients and/or healthcare workers at the facility
• Adhere to local infection control practices including personal protective equipment
• See patient as soon as possible in an ambulatory setting with resources to determine severity of illness.
• When possible, send patient to a setting where she can be isolated. Clinical assessment for respiratory compromise includes physical examination and tests such as pulse oximetry, chest X-ray, or ABG as clinically indicated.
• Pregnant women (with abdominal shielding) should not be excluded from chest CT if clinically recommended.
#ACOG #Pregnant #COVID19 #Pregnancy #Obstetrics #Algorithm