Assessment of the Child with Chronic Asthma
Are there other allergic disorders?
- Allergic rhinitis
- Eczema, etc.
Other causes should be sought if there is:
- Finger clubbing
- Growth failure
- Peak flow diary
- Severity and frequency of symptoms
- Exercise tolerance
- Interference with life, time off school
- Is sleep disturbed?
- Use of preventer and reliever medication — are they appropriate?
- Inhaler technique
- Allergic rhinitis needing treatment?
- Allergens - animal dander, etc.
#Chronic #Asthma #Assessment #diagnosis #peds #pediatrics #primarycare