The 4 Variants of Sinus Arrhythmia
Phasic Sinus Arrhythmia:
• The rate increases with respiration and decreases with expiration.
• As the heart rate increases, the P wave amplitude increases (II, Ill and aVF).
• As the heart decreases, the P wave amplitude decrease.
• The heart rate change is gradual and rhythmic.
Non-phasic Sinus Arrhythmia:
• The P wave and PR interval are normal
• The PP intervals vary at random and independent of any physiological function.
Ventriculophasic Sinus Arrhythmia:
• The P to P interval encompassing a QRS complex is shorter than the intervals without an intervening QRS complex.
• Ventriculophasic sinus arrhythmia is noted in the presence of AV block.
Wandering Atrial Pacemaker:
• The change in P wave contour is gradual
• After several cycle the pacemaker shifts back to the sinus node.
• Variant of sinus arrhythmia
#Sinus #Arrhythmia #cardiology #diagnosis #ekg #ecg #electrocardiogram #variants #clinical #comparison