Ectopic atrial rhythm
• The atrial rate is less than 100 bpm.
• PR interval within the normal range.
• Easily recognized if compared with the P wave during sinus rhythm.
• P wave morphology varies depending on location.
• Inverted P waves in inferior leads if the ectopic atrial pacemaker is in the lower atrium and maybe mistaken as AV junctional rhythm.
• Customary to call AV junctional rhythm if the PRI is < 0.12 seconds.
#Ectopic #atrial #rhythm #cardiology #diagnosis #ekg #ecg #electrocardiogram